Dundee Utd 1-2 Ross County- Match Report

County continue impressive runRoss County recorded another valuable win in their battle to avoid relegation from the Scottish Premiership as they defeated Dundee United 2-1 at Tannadice.Jim McIntyre's side sealed victory thanks to Raffaele De Vita's 72nd-minute winner, meaning they have now won six of their last seven games.Jackson Irvine gave the visitors an 11th-minute header before Nadir Ciftci's penalty nine minutes later levelled matters.But De Vita struck the decisive goal as the Staggies held on to leave United without a win in their last nine games.It was the home team who started the brighter and as early as the second minute Ciftci had a shot deflected wide by Jamie Reckord.Shortly after Paul Paton released Ciftci down the right, but his cross into the danger area was held by visiting goalkeeper Mark Brown.United launched another attack when Chris Erskine set up Paton, whose cross was just missed by Ciftci at the far post.At the other end, Liam Boyce picked up a loose ball for County and hit a shot which United keeper Radosalw Cierzniak did well to parry wide.From the resulting corner, Martin Woods crossed for Irvine to open the scoring with a strong header from six yards.That gave the visitors a huge lift and after 18 minutes they appealed strongly for a penalty.De Vita was brought down by Sean Dillon just inside the area, but referee Steven McLean, who was right up with play, waved play on, much to the anger of the away fans and the visitors' bench.Instead, United hauled themselves level courtesy of a spot-kick.Marcus Fraser pushed Aidan Connolly in the back as he weaved his way into the area and McLean pointed straight to the spot.Up stepped Ciftci and he made it 1-1 by sending County keeper Mark Brown the wrong way for his 13th goal of the season.The hosts went in search of another and just after the half-hour mark Paul Dixon's free-kick picked out John Souttar, but his header was comfortably held by Brown.Early in the second United defender Paul Dixon was booked for a foul on Boyce and De Vita also saw yellow for dissent.As the hour mark approached Irvine crossed for County team-mate De Vita, but his left-foot volley went well wide of the target.County thought they had retaken the lead after 69 minutes when Irvine's header from Wood's corner found the net, but Boyce was judged to have fouled Cierzniak.However, there minutes later they were ahead.Filip Kiss' cross was met by Craig Curran, whose header came back off a post for De Vita to slot home the rebound.County were determined to hold on to their lead and did not give their hosts another look-in as they sealed the three points

Source : PA

Source: PA