Proctor joins the Unwanted list.

THREE DOWN…..HOW MANY MORE TO GO?

David Proctor has joined Alan Archibald and David McCracken in being shown the exit door. Proctors situation is, of course, different to the other two in that he is still contracted to the club for another two and a half years. The right sided defender/midfielder, who previously joined the club for £35,000 just five short months ago, has been told by Manager Craig Levein that should he mange to sort out an alternative club to reignite his career then the club won't stand in his way.

In an ideal situation, the Manager is hoping that all three will find clubs before the transfer window closes on Wednesday, however, he also states no one will leave unless a replacement can be brought in.

What is clear, is that almost from the first few days of Leveins tenure at Tannadice he had made his mind up that David Proctor was not a long term part of his club. The Defender has only featured under this Management team on two occasions –both as substitute. It is highly unlikely he will feature in the first team unless its an emergency situation. As the manager himself states, his situation is different to that of McCracken and Archibald.

"David's not quite in a similar situation to Archibald and McCracken because he has longer to go on his contract," said Levein.

"I've had a chat with him and his agent and said if he can find anything that's suitable then we'd be quite willing to discuss it."

"He's not really featured and, with Keith Watson breaking through and the signing of Sean Dillon, I see him being surplus to requirements."